You can’t reach your goals on your own. You need your peeps. This week on #GoalChatLive I talk about Networking with some of my peeps. My guests are Professional Networking Strategist Diane Darling, Marketing Consultant Jessica Gottlieb, and Founder of The Non-Sleazy Sales Academy Annie P Ruggles.
Our guests share their backstories, their connection to networking, networking goals and tips, and much more.
The Value of Networking
- Annie: Networking is the life-blood of your business
- Diane: It’s how you meet new people in a new environment … because you are always in a new environment. It’s about being helpful, kind
- Jessica: It’s being able to connect people you know and admire
Next Steps After Meeting New People …
- Diane: Being prepared for networking is a mixture of skills, strategy, and serendipity. Remember, networking is an organic being
- Jessica: It’s a follow-up, but how you follow up depends on who they are. Sometimes it’s haranguing people until they realize they want to meet you.
- Annie: Time is money. If you are going to be somebody’s best friend, why not start now! For entrepreneurs, ask yourself what level of formality is appropriate. Do not wait to be followed up with and/or make sure you are responding as yourself
Also, check out the full GoalChatLive conversation in the Twitter Moments Recap.
Our Guests Favorite Places to Meet New People
- Annie: LinkedIn and conferences
- Jessica: Grocery store, playing tennis, pilates, yoga. New favorite online place is Twitter spaces
- Diane: Likes the randomness of the grocery store or the plane. Loves the nourishment of thoughtful one-on-one conversations
- Annie: Interview someone you admire, even if it’s just for fun! If you have not yet started a platform to interview people, what are you waiting for?
- Diane: 1. Go backward to your network of people – say Hi. Shop in the back of your closet. 2. When there is an opportunity to ask a question at an event, ask the first question
- Jessica: When in doubt, amplify the voices around you. Do this once a week, once a day, once an hour
- Learn more about Diane Darling
- Follow Jessica Gottlieb on Twitter
- Learn more about Annie P Ruggles and her Too Legitimate to Quit Podcast. My episode is here
- Connect with Diane Darling, Jessica Gottlieb, and Annie P Ruggles on LinkedIn
- Join the Write On Online Facebook group for community and conversation
- Learn more about Goals with DEB and Deb’s Goal Strategy for Event Attendees
- Get your copy of my latest book, Your Goal Guide: A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals. Then join the Your Goal Guide Facebook group.
What’s your best networking tip? Please share in the comments.
Next week, we are talking about Business. Join the Twitter chat on Sunday, May 15, at 7pm PT on Twitter. Then, on Monday, May 16, at 4pm PT, my #GoalChatLive guests are Wanda Allen, Michelle Nicole McNabb, and Phyllis Pieri.
* * *