On this week’s #GoalChatLive, we talk about healthy habits with a fun, playful, hunger-inspiring twist. Guests Rob Rosenthal (aka Short Order Dad) and Eli Walker (CEO and founder of Drunk Yoga) joined me for a show entitled: Eat, Drink, and Do Yoga! The April theme is Health, and we’ll also be covering Mental, Money, and Corporate Health on #GoalChat Live.
Authors Rob and Eli share their backstories – how Rob became a food humorist and chef and how Eli created Drunk yoga – as well as their thoughts on living healthy, eating well, and finding balance. We even had a nice oatmeal tangent, as well as a comparison of working out to eating a cookie versus baking a cake.
- Rob: I like working out as often as possible. And I believe in varying the activity. What you put in your body also matters. Eating healthy and well takes discipline
- Eli: I believe in rituals. I figure out what I need to do each day to get a good night’s sleep, and I work backward. Yoga, for Eli, is not working out. It’s like breakfast – she starts her day with Yoga and does something else to work out.
- Rob: Prefers actual food to dessert. The challenge is quantity.
- Eli: Mostly vegan, gluten-free with a weak spot for vegan chicken nuggets
- Eli: Loads spices into coffee
- Rob: Makes savory oatmeal with spices
Watch the Eat, Drink, and Do Yoga #GoalChatLive
Also, check out the full GoalChatLive conversation in the Twitter Moments Recap.
Goals from our Guests
- Eli: If you are hesitant to work out because you don’t have time, commit to 10-15 minutes a day
- Rob: Don’t eat or drink for 3 hours before you go to bed
- Eli: Find ways to engage playfulness in everything you do
- Rob: Be playful in the kitchen and cook more
- Learn more about Rob Rosenthal and his cooking classes, and read Short Order Dad.
- Check out Drunk Yoga, read Drunk Yoga, and learn more about Eli Walker
- Join the Write On Online Facebook group for community and conversation
- Learn more about Goals with DEB
- Get your copy of Your Goal Guide: A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals
What’s your best healthy habit? And how do you feel about oatmeal? Please share in the comments.
Our next topic is Money Health. Join the Twitter chat on Sunday, April 10, at 7pm PT on Twitter. Then, on Monday, April 11, at 4pm PT, Nicole Iacovoni and Laura Khalil are among my guests for #GoalChatLive.
* * *
And get your copy of my latest book, Your Goal Guide: A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals. Then join the Your Goal Guide Facebook group.