We wrapped up the month-long theme of reconnecting, talking about reconnecting with your spirit. Suzanne Gundersen, Meg Haworth, and Robert Manolson joined the #GoalChatLive conversation, which also covered self-care, self-healing, and intention. Suzanne Gundersen focuses on transformation and stress-resilience, Dr. Meg Haworth is a holistic psychologist and nutrition strategist, and Robert Manolson’s expertise is powerful play. All three are healers, so the conversation was full of positive energy and amazing tips!
What is the Value of Self-Care?
- Suzanne: Self-care is about connecting with yourself. And then sharing it with others
- Robert: Mental Health Optimism. Self-care for the mind is mental fitness
- Meg: There’s pampering .. and then beneath it is self-care
How they Nourish their Spirit
- Meg: Nature, meditation, reading… food, writing, journaling
- Suzanne: Playing with my 3-year-old nephew, the ocean
- Robert: Spending time in the Rockies. Also gardening, and enjoying food from their garden
Tips for Healing
- Meg: Eat real food! Fruits, vegetables, organic meats. When a corporation cooks for you, you have to be careful! Listen to your body to see how it reacts to different foods.
- Suzanne: After your body feels better, your mind can be clear! Build the rapport between the two.
- Suzanne: Develop intuition. Believe the messages right in front of you. Give yourself positive reinforcement when you are good to yourself.
- Meg: Remember the body-mind connection. Your body remembers things differently than your mind does. You need to release stuck energy!
- Suzanne: The answer is always: Calm the body
Watch #GoalChatLive on Spirit & Self-Care
Check out the full GoalChatLive conversation on Reconnecting with your Spirit in the Twitter Moments Recap.
Your Spirit & Self-Care Goals
- Robert: Follow Deb! (I’m @TheDEBMethod everywhere!)
- Suzanne: Smile at each other
- Meg: Be loving to yourself. Give yourself a pet name, and talk to yourself.
- Suzanne: You too can transform. Be willing and persistent!
- Meg: Take your healing into your own hands.
- Learn more about Suzanne Gundersen, Dr. Meg Haworth, and Robert Manolson. Also, here is Suzanne’s website for Screenwriters
- Subscribe to Suzanne’s Transformed Connections and Dr. Meg Haworth on YouTube
- Join the Write On Online Facebook group for community and conversation
- Get your copy of Your Goal Guide: A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals
What’s your tip for reconnecting with your spirit? How do you practice self-care? Please let us know in the comments.
Watch Suzanne’s Interview with Me
Watch Ladies Take the Lead Conversations with Authors
Watch Robert’s Play Workshop
On the next #GoalChat we will be talking about June Goals. Join the Twitter chat on Sunday, May 30, at 7pm PT on Twitter. Then, on Monday, May 31, at 4pm PT, Jennifer Ballard, Tanys Coughlin, and Alina Friedman will join me on #GoalChatLive.
* * *
And get your copy of my latest book, Your Goal Guide: A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals. Then join the Your Goal Guide Facebook group.