Continuing our April theme of Storytelling, this week’s #GoalChats were all about Blogging. Mike Allton, Kate Farrell, and Dave Watson, author-bloggers from different areas – geographic, topic, and friend-wise, joined me for #GoalChatLive.
This week’s guests talked about what led them to start blogging, offered a variety of tips, and shared some of the unexpected – and expected – benefits of blogging.
I was joined by:
A blog can be used as an online journal with your thoughts to a bridge to becoming known … and everything in between. Regardless of its purpose, your blog starts with you and your unique voice, experience, and perspective. Lay the proper foundation to set your blog up for success. Plus:
- Dave: Stay open to meeting people
- Kate: Find the common ground with your audience
- Mike: Write about what you know
Watch the #GoalChatLive Blogging Party
Your Blogging Goals
- Mike: Create a pillar piece of blog content. Identify the phrase you want to rank for in google that will drive results. Then, create the ultimate guide to that phrase..
- Kate: When you blog, be open to what others need.
- Dave: Do one thing for your blog every day: visuals, recrafting your phrasing, marketing. And do it when you have optimal energy
Blogging Final Tip
- Mike: Carve out time for photo walks so you have pics for your blog!
- Dave: Keep going.
- Kate: Have a fandom. Develop a supportive network of people who think you are great!
- Learn more Mike and Blogging Brute, Kate and Storytelling for Everyone, and Dave Says Movies Matter
- Read Mike’s The 12 Types of Blogging Posts
- Explore Google Keyword Planner, SEM Rush, the Yoast SEO plugin, and Coschedule’s Headline Analyzer
- Check out Write On Blogging: 51 Tips to Create, Write & Promote Your Blog
- Join the Write On Online Facebook group for community and conversation
- Get your copy of Your Goal Guide: A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals
What’s your tip for blogging? Please let us know in the comments.
On the next #GoalChat we will be talking about Images and Instagram. Join the Twitter chat on Sunday, April 25, at 7pm PT on Twitter. Then, on Monday, April 26, at 4pm PT, Jenn Herman from Jenn’s Trends will join me on #GoalChatLive.
* * *
And get your copy of my latest book, Your Goal Guide: A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals. Then join the Your Goal Guide Facebook group.