- Jess Dewell is the Managing Partner, Operations + Strategy, at Red Direction, and Host of the Bold Business Podcast
- Tom Reid is the author of Sustained Leadership WBS and a Consultant and Trainer in Leadership Development
- Jennifer Tsang hosts the In the Lead Show podcast and is a Leadership Coach
How to Develop Better Leadership Skills
- Jess: Go on a Present Retreat each week for personal exploration and education
- Tom: Think critically, systematically, and strategically
- Jenn: Know that everyone has something to teach you
Watch our Conversation on Leadership
Also, check out the full GoalChatLive conversation on Leadership in the Twitter Moments Recap.
Leadership and Impact
- Tom: Become the best possible version of yourself
- Jenn: Learn so you can teach others. And take care of yourself, your mental health
- Jess: Build stamina for recognizing assumptions and be creative with solutions
- Jenn: Create an intention around staying curious. Explore and enjoy the journey of what piques your interest
- Tom: Write down five things you believe in. Then write a paragraph of why you believe it. Your leadership journey has to center around your beliefs. This will motivate you to fix things.
- Jess: Say “No” more often, so you can double the time you spend in your Present Retreats
- Have a leadership question? Ask Tom Reid, check out his book Sustained Leadership WBS, and read his article “Help Wanted: Leaders.”
- Learn more about Jess Dewell and Red Direction, listen to her BOLD Business podcast, and read her blog post on the future of leadership.
- Check out Jenn Tsang’s website and podcast.
- Watch my episode on Wellbeing in the Workplace of Jenn Tsang’s In the Lead Show.
- Join the Write On Online Facebook group for community and conversation
- Get your copy of my latest book, Your Goal Guide: A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals. Then, join the Your Goal Guide Facebook group.
What’s your best leadership tip? Please share it in the comments.
* * *
On the next #GoalChat we will be talking about Messaging. Join the Twitter chat on Sunday, October 10, at 7pm PT on Twitter. Then join me, Ethan Beute, and Sheryl Plouffe on October 11 at 4pm PT for #GoalChatLive.
* * *