This week’s #GoalChatLive was an exercise in #Endurance. While my guest Eddie Louise was having trouble getting into Streamyard, I called on my Mango pal Nita Sweeney to join me last minute. The result: a wonderful 3-way conversation on endurance, NaNoWriMo, and more.On Sunday night’s #GoalChat, as well as #GoalChatLive, we relayed how we had been enduring in “safe at home” mode. We also shared tips for thriving in close quarters and dove into the bevvy of upcoming November challenges. November is National Novel Writing Month (#NaNoWriMo), National Non-Fiction Writing Month (#NaNonFiWriMo, created by Nina Amir), National Podcast Post Month (#NaPodPoMo created by Jennifer Navarrete), and National Blog Posting Month (#NaBloPoMo).
We highlighted NaNoWriMo for a good portion of the #GoalChatLive. Nita and Eddie both have remarkable National Novel Writing Month success stories. The whole conversation was full of fun, camaraderie, and encouragement to take action. These, by the way, are all good reasons to participate in one of those November monthly challenges.
Watch #GoalChatLive on Endurance
Read the Twitter Moments Recap.
Quick Tips for Better Endurance
- Eddie: Develop a regular practice
- Nita: Use an app that blocks social media
- Deb: Give yourself breaks
Bonus Goals: Endurance
- Nita: Give yourself a winnable goal
- Eddie: Find an entry – a writing-prompt activity, like Tarot cards – to get into your writing.
- Deb: Share your wins by Tweeting to @TheDEBMethod and using the #GoalChat and #GoalTopia Hashtags. Check out my wins every day in October
Read more about November challenges.
Check out Nita’s articles on NaNoWriMo.
Listen to Eddie’s Sage and Savant podcast.
Watch my interview with Nita Sweeney on Journaling:
- Your Goal Guide: A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals
- Join the Write On Online Facebook group
* * *
Do you have advice on endurance? Are you participating in November challenges? Please share in the comments or on the video.
* * *
On next week’s #GoalChat we will be talking about Joy. Join the Twitter chat on Sunday, October 18, at 7pm PT on Twitter. Then, on Monday, October 19, I will be joined by fellow Mango author Sherry Richert Belul, Say it Now.