This week’s #GoalChatLive conversation on Creating Video featured perspectives from the realms of tools, production, and distribution. Our guests – Dave Basulto, Founder, iOgrapher; CF Jackson, Content Coordinator, iDefineTV; and Julie Riley, Social Media Manager, StreamYard – had great insights and advice.
Getting Started Creating Video
- Julie: Make a list of all the questions you get asked in your business. Each question can be a video
- CF: Start behind the camera, put storylines together, get your messaging in order
- Dave: Make a list of things you have access to, use it to formulate your story, grab your camera, use your tools to tell stories
Watch our Conversation on Creating Video
Also, check out the full GoalChatLive conversation on Food in the Twitter Moments Recap.
Favorite Tools for Creating Video
- Dave: iPhone 11 Pro Max
- CF: Learn how to use your smartphone. And get a selfie stick
- Julie: Use Agorapulse to manage your social media responses
- CF: Start giving comments via video
- Dave: Small businesses, get a Facebook page, sign up for Streamyard, start doing videos and building your audience
- Julie: Sign up for Streamyard, join the Streamyard Facebook group, make a video
Final Thoughts for Creating Video
- Dave: Learn at your own pace, take a step every day
- CF: Find the fun
- Julie: Do not compare your day 1 to someone else’s day 1000
- Learn more about Dave Basulto and iOgrapher
- Connect with CF Jackson and get your free media planner from iDefineTV
- Follow Julie Riley, try StreamYard, join the StreamYard community and check out the Streamyard giveaway tool
- Join the Write On Online Facebook group for community and conversation
- Get your copy of my latest book, Your Goal Guide: A Roadmap for Setting, Planning and Achieving Your Goals. Then, join the Your Goal Guide Facebook group.
What’s your best video tip? Please share it in the comments.
* * *
On the next #GoalChat we will be talking about Creating Content! Join the Twitter chat on Sunday, September 19, at 7pm PT on Twitter. Then join me, Rick Broida, Erika Held, and Jon Moore at 4pm on September 20 for #GoalChatLive.
* * *